Monday, December 1, 2008

If I Can Just Make it Through Chistmas....

Well I weighed in this morning at 282lbs. That's only 2.5lbs in 2 weeks. To be honest I am not surprised, I have been lazy in my diet as of late. I do so well during the week, but lately with Thanksgiving and the whole holiday mindset, I have found myself indulging in my favorite foods way to frequently. I am not any less motivated, it is just really tough right now. I have something going on like 2-3 nights out of the week this entire month. Every one of those events involves eating..... I am careful not to get carried away, but it is getting to easy to slip into the holiday state of mind. I am still trying to keep it at 1200 cals a day but I end up eating about 1800 because of all the snacking. There were a few days where I was up to about 3500cals. The only good thing that I have done over the last two weeks was creating a calorie journal. Basically I write down everything I eat every day so that I can see it on paper. Before I would just keep track in my head. I hope that when I get off the diet I can still stay within a proper range of calories and will be able to do that by faithfully writing it down. Once I loose this weight I don't ever want it coming back.

I wanted to be at 267lbs by Jan 1, but I will be happy if I am at 275. I know part of dieting is overcoming set backs, but I sure picked a poor time to try and start a diet. Nevertheless I will not let a few challenges keep me from a healthier way of life.

On the brighter side I am seeing my endurance increasing immensely with every day. When I first started I would burn about 350 calories in 30 min. Now I can do about 630 in 30 min. My goal is to get to 800 cal's in 30 min. Tonight I spoke with John Brown about all the triathlons and Iron Man competitions he has been training for. He got me motivated to try a mini one, so I hope to be in good enough shape this summer to do the Tri in The Pines, which is a mini triathlon in Show Low. We will see how my progress comes.

I know that if I can just make it through the holidays, and keep my motivation, that I will be able to be 100% committed come Jan 1st. It might take me longer than I planned to reach my goal, but I will get there. Thanks for all the support.

8 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

it is all you babe!

Mary-Sunshine said...

ok, 20 min and i burned 212 cal...i am getting better. now i just need to do it more often

laura compton said...

yes you can....ONE DAY AT A TIME.
LOL MOM

Mary-Sunshine said...

Ok, 20 min and 223 cal!!!

Mary-Sunshine said...

all right lover, 180 in 14 min!

Mary-Sunshine said...

22 min 295 cal!!

Mary-Sunshine said...

22 min and 300 cal....what about you? where you at?

Cheryl said...

been wondering where our updates are? Dave has been asking me too. Mary just said it is because you think no one reads it. Wrong!!! We want to know how you are coming!