Monday, November 10, 2008

Slow and Steady WIns the Race!!!!


Well a month has come and gone. I thought it would be a lot more difficult 4 weeks, but surprisingly it was not too bad. I have made some modifications and changes to my diet plan over the last couple weeks and have been able to remain pretty strong in my objectives.
The photos do not show as dramatic a change as I had hoped for, but I do believe there is a noticeable difference. This last week has been extremely hard as far as my diet goes. My daughter was born this week which required me to spend a couple days in the hospital which kind of got me out of my routine. Its safe to say that I had about 4-5 cheat meals this week. However, even with that being said I still did fairly well and managed to loose 2lbs. That puts me right at about 20lbs. 20Lbs in two months is not bad, as I have said before my goal is to do about 12-15 a month. This week I am increasing my calories to 1800 a day. I wont go beyond this amount, but I have found myself very very hungry as of late. The nutritionist I spoke with said that I would encounter this and she was right. The nice things about being able to eat 1800 calories is that a lot more options are opened up to me.
I have been trying to run at least 4 times a week on the tread mill and lifting at least 1 day a week. I have seen my endurance when I run increase dramatically in this short time. That is probably the biggest difference I have noticed. I am still very motivated but I have to say I do have days when I get bored of the diet; not to the point of quiting, but to the point when I snack more than I should. I don't have those days very often, but I guess it is to be expected.
I still think I will be at my goal or close to it by Rachael's wedding. I have been toying with different end weights, I know I said about 195 was my goal, but that may be too skinny. We will have to see. At any rate I have more reason than ever to be motivated, I am the proud father of another little girl, Elsie. She is gorgeous. Well they say it takes about 60 - 90 days to truly change your eating habits, if that is the case I am 1/3 of the way there. I truly appreciate the comments, keep them coming.

2 comments:

laura compton said...

Jared, I think 20lbs is awsome.
You are looking better. Keep up the good work...Your girls need you healthy and life will be better for you...Love Ya Mom

This is me... said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! THAT YOU DON'T SEE THE CHANGE ... I DO ,YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! THIS IDEA OF BLOGGING YOUR PROGRESS IS AWESOME.. THANKS FOR SHARING IT.. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON .. WE ARE ALL SICK SO YWE WON'T SEE YOU FOR A WHILE ..CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW LITTLE PRINCESS ....