Monday, November 3, 2008

Almost to the Month Mark....

Well another week has come and gone, and let me tell you life has been much better now that I have changed up my diet a bit. I am still able to eat allot of the foods I like, just much smaller portions. The new plan has also proved to be successful; this week I lost another 5.5lbs making the grand total so far about 18.5lbs. I can already tell the difference in my clothes fitting better! If I keep up at this rate, I will be about 218 by Rachaels wedding. I currently weigh 288.5 so that would be about another 70 lbs in the next 4.5 months.

Last week as luck would have it, my company had a team of Nutritionists and health professionals come in as part of our annual medical screening, so I went down and paid them a visit. It was very insightful, here are some of the numbers: My Blood Pressure = 124/72 which is pretty good, my body fat is 33.8% which is bad but not as bad as I thought it would be, my goal is to get it around 20%. My Cholesterol was less than 100 which was good and my blood glucose was at 94 which means I am not in any immediate danger of getting diabetes. All this info was very informative, but what I found most interesting was my conversation with the nutritionist there. I told her my current plan for my diet and she gave me some pointers. She said the 1500 cals is ok for another week or two but then I should ramp it up to about 1800. She said to keep up the exercise and try and eat more fiber. So I have been trying to follow her advice. I am still right around 1500 cals a day for the next week or two but will soon go to 1800.

I am still doing my cheat meal once a week, however; this past weekend was a little bad. I did not go to to crazy but I had some Venezias Pizza on Friday and then we went to Gecko Grill on Saturday. Now we only went to Gecko as one last date before the baby comes and I was still pretty healthy. I only had some chips and salsa and two flour tortillas with a little beans, no cheese.

I am still feeling as motivated as ever. I appreciate all the comments and advice everyone is leaving. Next week is the big picture day. I know all of you have been excited about this..... I hope we will see a difference!

6 comments:

bethiepoos said...

jared you barely ate anything at gecko no thanks to our waitress!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with you. 18.5!! That's a lot. I could tell a difference when I saw you yesterday too. Congratulations. Keep it up! Love you!

Mary-Sunshine said...

Babe, you are doing so well! I LOVE YOU! I am very proud of you...now just eat some fruit too!!

laura compton said...

Way to go Jared.
You are doing so well. I could not of been easy to
Go to the nutritionists thinking the news might
Be bad. Keep up the good work…you are the winner.
Love ya..Mom

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

Dear Jared,

I love this blog. I am in the process of trying to loose a few pounds as well and I love how up front you are being with the process. I hope all is well with you and Mary and one of these days we need to get together and catch up.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Jared Lautenschlager

This is me... said...

Good Job jared!! we are very proud of you....picture,picture,picture!!