Saturday, October 18, 2008

NO Food Tastes as Good as Getting Into Shape FEELS!

Well I know today is not Monday, but I wanted to make a quick post and let you know of my progress. I am only suppose to weigh myself every Monday, but I needed a motivator yesterday so I weighed myself. I am down 7.5lbs to 299.5 just since the beginning of the week. I was having a really tough day Friday. I was really craving pizza. I talked with my friend at work that is helping me get into shape and he said I should have one cheat meal a week with a small treat of sorts. So tonight I had a Chipotle burrito without cheese, sour cream, or guacamole. I know it sounds fattening, but it is surprisingly not that bad compared to whats out there. I did not finish the whole thing. I was full allot sooner than usual. I also had one cookie which was amazing; I could have eaten a dozen more. Don't worry everyone, I am not loosing my motivation what so ever. I realized that by having one cheat meal a week and a small desert, that it would give me something to look forward to every week. I would not have been able to sustain that strict of diet for 8 months without having a little wiggle room. I only consume about 1200 calories a day and very very few carbs, maybe 5 grams. The task does not seem so daunting when I know I have one meal a week to enjoy.

My good friend Justin sent me a pedometer that counts how many miles I walk a day and how many calories I burn as well. This is an awesome help; my goal is to burn between 1200 and 1500 calories a day.

Despite having to adjust my diet to allow one cheat meal a week, I feel I have been very good at keeping my cravings in check. I am still motivated as ever and hope to reach my goal sooner than before. I would like to thank every one for checking the blog and leaving comments, it does really help with the motivation and accountability factor. I will make another post on Monday...

5 comments:

This is me... said...

WoHOOOOOO!! that is nice, keep going ...I am sure you will make it!!!I agree Chipotle is probably one of the best one out there so if you are going to cheat, do it as healthy as posiible.You are doing good !

Lindsey said...

NICE!! Way to go Jared!

Jared said...

Keep it up Jebba....no more diet soda!!!!

Cheryl said...

Great job, jared! That's a lot for less than a week! It was great to see you tonight. I have missed you.

jackson family said...

ok I am going to maybe upset you but you CAN NOT just eat 1200 a day that is the lowest you can go and survive that is unhealthy and not ok! we should get to gether and work the number to figure what you need to eat to lose what you want but 1200 is not ok. trust me. ask any nut person. come on jewelia back me up here!
I am happy for your loss tho