Monday, October 20, 2008

One Week Down and Only 24 to Go!

Well I officially made it through the week. I expected it to be much harder. It has been my experience that once I get through the first 2-3 weeks, the diet just seems normal and I forget what junk food tastes like. I realized just the other day that I am not the only one who is effected by me on this diet. I never really thought about the fact that Mary would have to put up with my crabby attitude and bland boring meals. We enjoy going out once a week as a couple or family, but I just assumed that would stop for the next little bit. I didn't give any thought as to how this would affect Mary. She is at home all week and looks forward to going on our dates. I also gave no thought to the fact that from time to time my friends and co-workers would have to hear me gripe. So to all of you I apologize and will try to be better.

Well this morning I woke up and weighed in at 298lbs. That is a loss of 9lbs since Monday. I am going to be good about not weighing my self more than once a week from now on. At one point during the day on Saturday I weighed in at 293lbs and got really excited. However, after I drank a glass of water I was back at 299. The disappointment and discouragement that comes along with to many weigh-ins can be hindering.

One of the things that I am most excited about is being able to walk into any clothing store and know that I can find pants that will fit me comfortably. I know I sound like a woman, but the reason I hate to shop is that I have to go to like 3 stores to find one pair of pants. I am also excited about not dying of a heart attack at 35.

On Sunday Mary and I looked at old wedding photos. I must have been about 235lbs in the pictures and I remember when I first saw them how I thought I looked so fat. Now I look at them and think I look way skinny. I am excited to think that I could be very close to that weight by Rachael and Karl's wedding. My goal is to loose about 13-15lbs a month and that would put me right around 230. It may sound like a lofty goal, but I think it can be done. My mom on several occasions has used a quote from Henry Ford to try and motivate me; " you can or you cant, either way you're right." Succeeding is my only option..

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're making great progress! That is sweet of you to realize this diet effects Mary as well.. That's probably something that people don't normally think about!
Keep up the good work!

Mary-Sunshine said...

You are right, it does affect me, but I am glad you are tryig to be healthy. Besides, this is the last time you put yourself and me and the kids through it!

Karl and Rachael said...

I know it is not easy Jared. One of my favorite quotes is "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" I think it goes something like that. Everybody works hard at one thing or another. Jared I know you can do it! All your stuborness must show for something! Love ya!