Monday, October 27, 2008

Keeping Positive....

Well today is Monday which means another weigh in day for me.. I woke up this morning hoping for big numbers, but it turns out that I only lost 4lbs this week. I didn't really expect to consistently loose 7lbs a week, but I was hoping for a little more. It's ok though, like I said before if I can loose on average 3-4lbs a week I will be down to about 220 by Rachael and Karl's wedding.
I have started to incorporate a few more carbs into my diet, this is helping me stay on track easier. I am eating about 1500 cals a day right now, which I will increase here in a bit. I am staying positive with my attitude and am finding that its not that hard to stay focused. Last weekend I went to Oregano's for my cheat meal. I had some salad and a little bit of pizza. I feel I did really well with resisting the food I had in front of me; however I did partake a little of an appetizer the Spencer and Annie bought. Let me tell you it was the most amazing thing ever, but very fattening. I only had a little bit, but I repented by not having any of the pizookie.

I am doing great with my exercise and feel myself building up my endurance every day. I had a good talk with Spencer (my brother in law) and got some ideas for burning calories in a different way. For example, tomorrow night I am going to push Evelynne and Mary around in the car for hopefully 30 min. I am also going to eventually get an old tractor tire and move that around the back yard. I am hoping by mixing things up a bit I can burn more calories...

Well I better jump on the treadmill, I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love picturing you guys in your neighborhood pushing each other around in the car - lol - too funny! Your neighbors will think you broke down and try to help you! Can someone get a picture of that? Actually, that is a really good idea - and I bet it's a great workout!

bethiepoos said...

oh my goodness jared that sounds really hard (no offense mary and evelynne)
tell me when you are doing that so I can take pics for your blog!!!

Larsens said...

go j-dawg! thats no joke pushing cars! you are a beast. if you ever need anymore ideas for working out let us know... spence has had me working my butt off the other day and i never even lifted a weight, it was all outside and it was just off the top of his head. were you sore at all after???

jackson family said...

yeah thanks for taking some of my advice! it will be better I promise. the results will be more lasting this way. good luck pushing your car.