Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Words of Wisdom.....

Well I just wanted to make a quick post and fill everyone in on a few changes I am making. I was planning on adhering to my outlined diet as strictly as possible for the next 8 months or so, even though I knew it may not be the best long term solution. I have just had so many failed attempts in the past that I wanted something strict that would provide results. However, after an insightful email from Tiffany and several long discussions with Mary and my friend at work, I have decided to slowly incorporate more calories and carbs into my diet as I progress. Mary has been expressing her concern about this for a while, but I thought I would loose my motivation by changing up my diet. However, to the contrary I am quite motivated and truly feel "this time is different."


My goal is to continue what I have been doing for the next 3 weeks. That will give me a full month of minimal carbs and calories, while allowing me sufficient time to get my mind set on loosing weight. After that I will begin to incorporate more carbs and calories until I reach a point where I feel is healthy. The last thing I want to do is loose all this weight and gain it all right back. I will probably end up doing some sort of "Weight Watchers" type diet in the end to make sure my body adjusts to eating normal food before I become less regimented. I think this will be a positive change in helping me loose weight and staying fit.


Tonight I watched the biggest looser for the first time ever. I tell you what, even if you are skinny, that show has got to be motivating. I realized that loosing weight is not about just looking good, but it is about a healthy life style. Up until now, most of my motivation has been for reasons of vanity, but now I realize just how many diseases and complications I will be avoiding in the future. Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone, I truly do appreciate it.

1 comment:

Mary-Sunshine said...

Jared, I am so proud to hear this! I am glad that you are trying to do this the best way. Now, we just need to get Spencer to give you some workouts that will kick your butt!!!

fgttgut tyu ftc vgggyygu ft ghgf (that is your daughter saying good luck and I love you daddy!)