Monday, October 13, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!

Well today is day one of what could be a very long and grueling next few months. Today I have officially started the diet. I am using a diet that was created by a friend of my brother in law. It is your basic protein diet, but I have modified it a bit to make it more realistic for me. It consists of about 12oz of chicken, vegetables, fruit, almonds, eggs and string cheese; split up throughout the day. It totals about 1600 calories and very few carbs. My intent is not to have a carbfree diet, but I would like to go at least the first month without eating very many. For now my exercise consist of running 45min a night on the treadmill, along with some weight training and sit ups and pull ups. As I progress in my diet, I plan on becoming more aggressive with the weight lifting part. I have always liked to run, but I have never been much of a weight lifter; however a friend at work is providing me with pointers on the weight lifting part. My goal is eventually to be able to go to the gym with Spencer (my brother in law) and not feel like a little girl. He has tried to provide me with work out plans in the past, but they are way beyond my skill set at this time.
My goal is to be down to 195lbs by the end of June 2009. That gives me about 8.5 months to loose about 110lbs. It is hard to believe I was at that weight just a few years ago, but that's what happens when you stop working out and begin eating like it was your job or something.
I just got done doing my running and I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was. I have done diets in the past, and they always seem to leave me so drained, that it is sometimes hard to work out. I will weigh my self again next Monday and follow it up with another post. I am just taking it day by day right now. If I think to much about how hungry I am, I will find myself at Filibertos' drive through tonight, why Mary is asleep. I may decide to post some more this week if I feel I need to take my mind off food. Keep the comments coming....

2 comments:

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I check your family blog every once in awhile, and saw you had a blog, so I came to check it out! That is awesome that you are doing this. I know it takes some serious dedication. One of my brothers just lost a good 80 pounds. If you want his info I will get it for you! You can do it. Enjoy the journey as difficult as it may be. YOU CAN DO IT! Conquer food!!! Way to go!

This is me... said...

Forget Filibertos Jared!!! Let's go green...I am watching you...